Author Topic: FAQ: Downloading the AML Wallet  (Read 1250 times)

AML Support

• View Profile
FAQ: Downloading the AML Wallet
« on: April 02, 2018, 03:06:58 pm »
What do I do if I have downloaded the file but received an error message that states it is malware?

Some antivirus software may identify your AML Wallet as a threat to your computer; please note that the AML Wallet does not a threat to your computer and that it is perfectly safe to download and install.
In order to run the AML wallet and bypass the false alert, click on the false alert options and explore the settings. There you will find the option to restore and exclude the AML Wallet to be categorized as a threat by your antivirus.

What you need to do is bypass the false alert in your Windows Defender in order to do the installation. If for some reason this does not work, disable your antivirus during the installation and then enable it again.

In some cases, the Wallet might disappear after the antivirus runs a new scan because it will keep marking it as a threat, so you'll need to make sure that the AML Wallet bypasses the false alert and is given the necessary permissions to run properly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:03:09 pm by AML Support »

AML Support

• View Profile
Re: Downloading the AML Wallet
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 03:12:01 pm »
Can I use my phone to install the wallet?

Mobile wallets are not available. The AML Wallet is compatible with Windows, MAC, and Linux desktop operating systems and are available at https://amltoken.com/wallet-userguide/

AML Support

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 03:13:12 pm »
What are the minimum requirements for the wallet to run properly on Windows and MAC operating systems?

The minimum requirements for the wallet to execute properly is Windows 8 64-bits 8GB ram. For MAC, the AML Wallet is only compatible with 10.12 macOS Sierra to 10.13 macOS High Sierra 8 GB RAM. 6GB could work but it depends on what else is running on your computer. If you have a lot of apps running the wallet may crash or give you errors. 

AML Support

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 03:18:11 pm »
What do I do if I get a virus error using Windows 7 while trying to download my wallet?

Please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to download a free version of Windows 10. After the upgrade finishes, you can download and install the AML Token Wallet.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:01:46 pm by AML Support »

AML Support

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 03:29:46 pm »
Why have I received a MAC error that says "Unidentified Developer"?

To open your AML Token Wallet in your Mac, you need to give the app access in settings. Please watch the following video to learn how to do this:

https://amltoken.com/download-aml-wallet-mac-instructions/ 

AML Support

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 03:30:32 pm »
Why have a received an error message that says "Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created"?

Please note that this might be an error when trying to unzip the file while creating a folder. You can start a new download and try again.

AML Support

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 03:34:27 pm »
How do I create a shortcut for PC and Mac?

Create Shortcut for Mac:

1. Click on the Finder icon at the bottom left of the screen (the leftmost icon in the Dock).

2. Right-click on the Folder, File, or Application you'd like to create a shortcut for on the left side of the window.

3. Select Make Alias.

4. Click enter and drag the alias to your desktop.

Create Shortcut for Windows
:
1. Browse to the file on your hard disk for which you want to create a shortcut

2. Right-click the file for which you want to create a shortcut.

3. Select Create Shortcut from the menu
4. Drag the shortcut to the desktop or any other folder.

5. Rename the shortcut.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk